Key themes (additional themes and sessions are welcome) of the conference are:
- GIS for Regional Sustainable Development
- GIS for Environmental and Ecosystem Management
- Development of Spatial Data Infrastructures
- GIS for Disaster and Emergency Management
- GIS and Digital Humanities
- GIS for Business and Logistics
- New Trends and Technologies in Surveying, Cadastre and Land Management
- Professional and Continuing Education in Geoinformatics
- Remote Sensing Applications
- GIS for Public Health
- Geo-Information technology for natural and cultural heritage management
- Tourism and GIS.
The conference committee accepts scientific papers on the stated conference themes with a focus on the Central Asian Region. Active participation in the conference is invited via presentation of a paper or poster, or through workshop attendance. Accepted papers in English will be reviewed and published in the News of Al-Farabi KazNU. Selected papers will be recommended for publication in the International Journal of Geoinformatics (http://e-geoinfo.net).
We request to disseminate this CFP to all interested GIS educators and professionals. The deadlines are March 31, 2018 for submission of paper abstracts and May 14, 2018 for accepted full papers by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All information about GISCA 2018 registration, preliminary agenda, paper submission and visa application procedures are available at https://gisca2018.wordpress.com.
Conference secretary: Dr. Gulnara Nyussupova, email@example.com
Tel/Fax: +7 727 377 3335 (1227) / +7 727 221 14 88
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University
Al-Farabi avenue, 71
Almaty, 050040, Kazakhstan