Main topics of the seminar were:
- BeiDou satellite navigation and positioning technologies and applications
- Technologies and applications on Earth observation satellites
- Technologies on emergency surveying and mapping geoinformation security
- Smart City and Big Data
- Successful experiences in carrying out geomatics projects in Central Asia
- Discussion on foreign geomatics policy and staff/faculty training in Central Asian countries
- Technology transfer route of Chinese surveying and mapping technologies to Central Asia.
Researchers and professionals from China, Central Asia and other countries have shared successful experiences on different applications of geoinformation, and discussed emerging technologies on surveying, mapping and environmental studies supported by GIS.